Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Highlights of the past....oh, month or so.

Well, yes it's been a while since I've posted, so let me fill you in on a few of the happenings or little moments I've been experiencing lately...
-Witnessed a beautiful wedding ceremony of two of my close friends.


-Ate a cookie in the shape of Texas
-watched clips of Enchanted, Runaway Bride and Sleepless in Seattle in one of my classes. I think they should make a class that studies chick flicks. I would thoroughly enjoy that. :)
-started working at my internship with the boys and girls club. I forgot how teenagers think they are so cool and that they need to show off and be louder than anyone else in the room...or the world for that matter. The 3-5th graders are fun though. I feel like it's much more of a rewarding experience when I work with them.
-We (me and the teens from the Boys and Girls Club) are selling hot chocolate on 8th north tomorrow! Come buy a cup for $1!
-I went to the temple. I love it there. We did some sealings for some interesting names...George Buchanan ring a bell? I think it may have been the former president's father.

-I had an interview for a summer job/internship at Seven Peaks water park. That was the most nerve-racking interview of my life, but I think I did ok. We'll see by the end of this week.
-Played in my first inner tube water polo game....we tied...stupid refs.... bummer.
-Said goodbye to a very dear friend as she left for her mission.

-Fell in love with my husband all over again....(I do this on a daily basis)
-Made Texas Sheet cake....mmmmm....
-Helped plan my sister's wedding....I love doing this. Wedding planning is definitely a passion of mine. I don't know why, it's just so cute, and a lot of fun for me. It's especially nice when you aren't the one stressing over the details. (I love you mom!!!)

So, that's the gist of it. I'm sure I'll be posting within the next week or so. But for now, th th th that's all folks!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love reading your updates! Good luck with getting your internship this summer... I hope everything works out for you.

Mikey said...

that sheet cake was DIVINE!

Andrew, Kristin and Kaitlyn said...

well thanks mikey.