1) Where did you begin 2008? In My Family Room with my Best Cousin, Jess and my Family and friends.
2) What was your status by Valentine's Day? In Love and hoping.....lots of hoping for the future. ;) And a surprise home-cooked dinner - how romantic!
3) Were you in school anytime this year? Yes siree!
4) How did you earn your money? A VERY stressful summer job, a glorious campus job, and grant money from the US Gov.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital? Well, technically, no. But I accompanied Andrew to the ER last winter.
6) Did you have any encounters with the police? No. Wait, let me think.......ok no.
7) Would you relive 2008 over and over again? Well I definitely loved soooo many parts of it! But 2009's looking great as well!
8) What did you purchase that was over $1000? Hmm...well the wedding wasn't a purchase per say, but that definitely amounted to more than a grand. And then there's tuition...ew.
9) Did you know anybody who got married? Molly, Justin, Richie, Mel, Sadie, Jennie......oh, and maybe one more lucky girl!
10) Did you know anybody who passed away? A couple notable church leaders, but no one I knew personally.
11) Did you know anyone who had a baby? Ummm...I don't think so.
12) Did you move anywhere? Back to Chicago for the summer and then into my new Apt. With my hubby!
13) What concerts/shows did you go to? I saw Wicked (again) and Phantom of the Opera (in NYC!)
14) Are you registered to vote? Yes.
15) Do you still have the same job as you did in 2007? Yes, go Records!
16) Has anyone betrayed you in 2008? Not that I recall. If they did, I'm obviously over it. :)
17) Where do you live now? Provo, UT on Univ. Ave.
18) Describe your birthday. May 6th!! I got the best and most expensive gift of my life! (A diamond engagement ring!) Most memorable birthday for obvious reasons. Ok, so Andrew proposed in April, but it was at a dinner date we planned to celebrate my birthday.
19) What's one thing you thought you'd never do but did in 2008? Fly to Houston twice, get 2 of 4 wisdom teeth out while Andrew took care of me, and see Phantom in NYC!
20) What has been your favorite moment? Watching the sun set on the beach in Cali.
20.5) Any firsts in 2008? Went to Las Vegas, Went to California, saw the ocean, got engaged, got married, etc.
21) What's something you learned about yourself? My capacity to love and be loved is greater than I could have ever imagined. 22) Any new additions to your family? My dear Andrew.
23) What was your best month? August and April
24) Were you in a relationship this year? Sure was!
25) What music will you remember 2008 by? Colbie Caillat, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift
26) Who has been your best drinking buddy/buddies? Well, Kaitlyn and I DID have a lot of fun at her 21st birthday! (root beer kegger)
27) New friend? many
28) Favorite Night out? February 16-17. Walking on Newport beach with my sweetheart. One of my most favorite moments.
29) Would you say you've changed since the beginning of this year? Most definitely.
30) Do you think 2009 will be better or worse than 2008? It will be hard to beat, but I'm confident that it will be superb!!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year everyone! Last night, Andrew and I rang in the new year together for the first time as a couple. We didn't have any big plans, but we did take the opportunity to spend time together and relax a bit. We watched Enchanted and Indiana Jones 4. We stopped the movie at about 11:57 to celebrate a little. We poured a little bit of the bubbley (martinelli's), and when the clocked struck midnight, we shot off our silly sting. Unfortunately, the silly string acted as a better confetti than it did streamers. So, we got silly string dust and bits all over our family room! Ahh! Anyways, it was fun and I'm glad we could spend the evening together.
Today, I did a little new years detox in my closet and dresser. Get this, I threw out 8 pairs of shoes (including my stinky black flats) and over 20 articles of clothing! These items will all be donated to our beloved DI (with the exception of the stinky flats). I am pretty proud of myself, and it will be a nice surprise when Andrew gets home tonight. He's been asking me lately to organize my closet. I must say, it's looking good!