Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm Back!

I'm terrible at this blogging thing sometimes. But today I decided I'm going to do better. A lot has happened in the last 5 months or so. I am now working at Sundesa in Pleasant Grove. I like it there. It's a small company (for now) that manufactures and sells the Blender Bottle. If you haven't heard of the Blender Bottle, you should go out and buy one. You need to mix up a protein shake, gravy, scrambled eggs or chocolate milk? This thing will do the job. Anyways, I process orders and am in charge of making sure all of our store orders get shipped out properly.
In December, we got to go to Houston for Christmas! It was so fun. I wish we could have stayed longer, but isn't that how it always is? I got an ipod nano from Andrew...in pink of course. Also, Andrew and I made a gingerbread house. Now, not many people know this, but I have a secret ambition of being a professional cake decorator. So, when I bought this gingerbread house kit, I thought I would just smoke Andrew in decorating skills. Well, to my dismay, he totally schooled me. I believe it's because the icing in the piping bag was very thick and Andrew has stronger hands to pipe it out, thus leading to better control of the decorating process. Had I used my own icing, I'm sure I would have managed just fine. Here's us in front of our little Christmas tree.In January, we celebrated Lily's birthday. She's 3 now, and as cute as ever. Tahlia made the cutest ice cream cone cupcakes. Maybe I should take some lessons from her about cake decorating... Here are the cupcakes along with a couple pictures of the two cutest nieces in the entire world.












In February, we took a trip out to Chicago for President's Day weekend to see Andrea in her Show Choir Competition. Let me just say, it brought back a lot of memories from my own high school days. Andrew had never experienced show choir before, so it was fun to show him the ins and outs.....and that no, it's not just like Glee....only kind of. Later in the month Uncle Sam bought us a Wii!!! (tax return money) So, we decided to invite Julie, Jimmy and Nathanael over to try it out. Nathanael was a pro...jk he didn't get to play, but he was pretty darn cute!This month was Andrew's 26th birthday! What an old man. I kept joking with him that he was 4 years older than me, which is not true, but for the next couple of months he's 26 and I'm 22. Haha! His parents and I pitched in together to get him an external hard drive. Not a very exciting present in my opinion, but he was very happy about it. He had been wanting it for a while. He also got Mario Kart for the Wii and some other little odds and ends. The most impressive thing (I think) that I did for him on his birthday was that I made him Shrimp Alfredo! Yes, that's right, SHRIMP! For those of you who don't know, I am not a seafood lover....more like a seafood hater. But I DO love my husband, and wanted him to have a very special day. Here is my one-time creation....
We also got to go to Aunt Teresa's for dinner the day before. Here are some pics from that.








Also, on Andrew's birthday, we had some friends over to celebrate. I had made Andrew's favorite, Angel Food Cake. Now, last year I make this too, and it turned out just fine. For some reason, this year, when I turned the cake upside down to cool, it just fell right out of the pan on the the counter. Sad day. This happened like 20 minutes before our friends were going to arrive. So, in desperation, I ran out to the store and bought the pre-made kind. Not as good as home made, but it was good enough. The rest of the night was lots of fun. We love Andrew and we love our friends!

No comments: